Major: Applied Math, clustered with Operations Research
1) Why did you choose Applied Math as your major?
I was considering either applying to the college of engineering for Civil Engineering or L&S for applied math as a transfer. I ended up choosing applied math because it had fewer prerequisites and I did well in my lower division math courses.
2) How did you figure out what cluster you wanted to study?
I was looking at all the engineering-related ones and economics, so Operations Research seemed like a nice balance.
3) What areas of math are you interested in?
Optimization seems cool, I also like analysis so far. I’m pretty new to the major so I don’t have a clear idea of what fields are interesting.
4) What is your plan after college?
After school, I plan to join the Army.
5) Do you mind sharing with us your long-term career goal?
I’d like to work in Silicon Valley and be part of the next ‘Xerox’… design tablets that work underwater, etc.